In addition to a well-rounded education, optimum academic results and excellent pastoral care, schools are now expected to be offering more effective careers advice. It’s a reasonable expectation however; time, budget and limited expertise in the commercial world, are proving to be the biggest obstacles for most of the schools we talk to. Have you got it covered?
We can tailor our approach to any size, budget, academic ability or existing programme in place. In some cases we deliver an entire programme and in others we offer elements of this.
We have adapted the tools and techniques, traditionally used for experienced professionals, for use in the classroom.
We motivate and encourage your pupils to challenge themselves beyond what is put on their timetable.
Personal Development and Career Programme
We can be entirely flexible and fit our workshops into your existing timetable. They can be delivered to groups of any size.
We can present on any topic you choose. Examples of recent workshops have included:
- Who am I? What do I have to offer? (University or job applications)
- Personality Profiling (Myers Briggs Type Indicator)
- Work Experience: How to Apply and Making the Most of it
- University Applications and Personal Statements
- Interview Preparation and Technique
- Increasing Commercial Awareness
- Managing your Brand (CV and online profiles)
See our full list of Sample Workshops
Who Is Involved?
Tinker Tailor works closely with all of those responsible for delivering meaningful and transformative careers advice.
- We develop close working relationships with the Careers Department and any other relevant members of staff to become a familiar and integral part of the department.
- We encourage the active involvement of parents and will present to them on all topics related to Higher Education, Careers and Personal Development throughout The Programme.
- We liaise with Development and Alumni offices to ensure the maximum is being gained out of this valuable network.
- We will encourage your pupils to take responsibility for their personal development and prepare them for life beyond the school gates